How to control what others see:
1. Hover over your photo on your tool bar, click on Privacy and Settings.
2. Once in Settings (at the bottom right of the page), click on the 5th line which says Edit your public profile.
3. This will take you to your Public Profile– to the right of your profile you will see the sections that are visible to everyone. If there is something, you don’t want displayed-you can un-check the box.
4. I personally don’t recommend hiding anything, especially if you are using LinkedIn for networking or finding a job. Google does a good job of picking up things on your profile which can benefit you when someone is looking to hire you or offer you a job!
5. Hiding your photo is never a good idea. People like to connect with someone they can put a face to 🙂
6. Be sure to Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
7. To see how your profile looks after the changes, click on View My Public Profile as others see it.
As always, wishing you happiness and success!