1. You are currently a college student: If you start working on your LinkedIn presence prior to graduation; you stand a better chance of finding a job when you DO graduate. It takes time to make the proper connections, so the sooner you can build your brand- the better. LinkedIn is more highly regarded than Facebook because it is strictly a business social networking site. It’s where your future employers are seeking candidates. If an employer Googles you, you will stand out in the crowd if your profile is well constructed.
2. You are a job seeker: Recruiters and hiring managers are constantly searching for new employees on LinkedIn. You want to be found and noticed by them! An All-Star profile is full of your accomplishments and should let a company know why they should hire you? And what you can do for their company?
3. You have a job but you might want a better one: You are already successful and very attractive to other employers. If you have a rocking profile, you will definitely be found via a search and just might be contacted by hiring personnel. You may love your job but the next one might be your dream job!
4. You are a small business owners who would like more clients: Know your find-ability factor, what service do you offer that no one else does? I believe that LinkedIn is fast becoming the new search engine. People are searching on LinkedIn to do business with you. Create your headline to attract new customers. Have recommendations on your profile; there is no better way to advertise than the words of your current or past clients.
5. You are a recruiter or in HR: Your employees are on LinkedIn! Knowing how to search for the right candidates is crucial. Have a clear focus about who your target candidates are, so they can find you as well. Sometimes your candidates will come from your other connections. Keep in touch with your clients who you have worked with in the past.
The bottom line: It’s all about the relationships that you build on LinkedIn. Be assertive, be honest and always be professional.
Happiness and Success Always~ Sherry